Paper Strip Pumpkin Craft
Turn construction paper and a toilet paper roll into a fantastic homemade decoration for fall with our paper strip pumpkin craft. This craft uses materials you most likely already have on hand, and goes together quickly once you get the hang of it. We made a few of them to put on our mantle! This is a great fall craft for an older child - a younger child would just get frustrated with this one!
What you'll need:
How to make your Paper Strip Pumpkin Craft:
- Orange and green construction paper
- Toilet paper roll
- Scotch tape
- Cut the toilet paper roll in half. Cut a strip of orange construction paper that will wrap around the toilet paper roll completely and tape the paper into place.
- Cut the orange construction paper vertially into strips that are approximately 1 inch wide. You will need 8 to 10 strips. Cut approximately 1 inch off of the length of each strip.
- Work with one end of the toilet paper roll at a time. Stick a piece of scotch tape onto the end of one of the paper strips and tape it inside an end of the tp roll. Repeat with three more pieces of paper, so you have strips at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.
- Once you have the initial 4 strips down, add another 4 strips of paper so that they overlap the initial 4 diagonally (at 2, 5, 8, and 10 o'clock). See the picture at right.
- Now you need to tape the other end of each strip into the other end of the tp roll. Do this just as you did before, only starting with the second set of strips first.
- Once you have all of the orange strips of paper taped into place, cut a leaf out of green paper and tape it into the hole to complete your pumpkin.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at