Love Doorhanger Valentine's Day Craft
Our Love Doorhanger is a great kids craft for Valentine's Day. Using some craft foam, ribbon, jingle bells and our printable template you can create a beautiful homemade Valentine's Day decoration. Older children will most likely be able to handle the craft on their own while younger children may need some assistance with threading the pieces together. It's not an ideal toddler craft, but our daughter enjoyed identifying the letters and helping us glue them onto each heart.
What you'll need:
How to make your love door hanger craft:
- 1-2 pieces of red craft foam
- 1 piece of white craft foam
- 1 piece of pink craft foam
- White ribbon
- 3 jingle bells
- Hole punch
- Heart Template
- Letter Templates
- Print out the template and cut out the pieces. Trace the heart shape onto red craft foam. You will need 4 red hearts. Trace the letters "L" and "V" onto white craft foam and the "O" and "E" onto pink craft foam. Cut out all of these pieces.
- Glue one letter onto each heart.
- Punch a hole in the top and bottom of each heart (in the center of the top of the heart and the center of the very bottom of the heart).
- Cut small pieces of ribbon (3-4 inches) and use the ribbon to tie the bottom of one heart to the top of the next in order so you spell out the word "LOVE". At the top of the "L" heart use a longer piece of ribbon to use as a hanger. At the bottom of the "E" heart thread 3 jingle bells onto the ribbon and then tie it onto the heart.
- Hang your craft on the door.
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at