Pop Up Groundhog Craft
It's that time of year again, where we all gather around to see the weather forecast by Punxsutawney Phil! Use our template to make your own groundhog craft and recreate this ritual in your own home. This is a great spring craft for kids and young children really seem to enjoy this fun, simple craft. So enjoy this great groundhog day craft for kids and hopefully the furry little guy will let spring come early this year!
What you'll need:
How to make your Pop Up Groundhog:
- White printer paper
- Groundhog Template
- Brown crayon or marker
- Popsicle stick
- Green construction paper
- Paper cup (size of a coffee cup)
- Print out our groundhog template. You can print this template onto brown construction paper, or print onto white paper and color your groundhog brown as we did.
- Cut your groundhog out and glue him to the top of a popsicle stick.
- Cut a slit in the bottom of they cup that is just big enough for the popsicle stick to fit through.
- Cut the green construction paper to size and wrap it around your paper cut. Secure with tape (we have yet to meet the child that will wait for glue to dry before they play with this craft!).
- Stick the popsicle stick in the cup and through the hole at the bottom of the cup and push the stick up and down to make the groundhog pop up and down!
Please add a comment
Please do not reproduce any of our content on your own site
without direct permission. We welcome you to link directly to any pages on our site without specific permission. We
also welcome any feedback, ideas or anything you want to share with us - just email us at